Can someone point me in the right direction?
I basically want to only allow bugs to be put in a "resolved" state.
I copied the default jira workflow and now I'm lost.
Delete the transitions that goes to "Resolved" state. And then delete the step as well. You can then create a scheme where bug has the default workflow and everything else has the new workflow.
perfect answer. succinct and all that i needed!
bonus points, how could i alter the bug workflow (currently using default jira workflow) to only allow the bug reporter to move to Closed state?
You will have to copy it again, as you can't edit the default flow, and then add a workflow condition on the 'Close' transition that says only Assignee can do this transition. Simialr to the condition on "Start Progress" action.
double kudos! you made my tomorrow morning!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.