How do I get bug to show up under issues so I can enter defects for my project?
Sorry, this is likely to be a much longer answer than you'd like.
If it's a "classic" project, you'll need a Jira admin to add "bug" to the project's "issue type scheme"
If it's a "next-gen" project, then the project admins (or Jira admins) will have to enable bugs for the project
However, bug might already be there. It might be defined as a "sub task" type. In which case, you can't add them directly with "create issue", you have to go into an issue that you want to raise them under, and use "create sub-task" in that!
It could also be called Defect. I was on a contract where they used that instead of bug
I do prefer "defect" myself - non-developers clearly understand "bug" is "something wrong in the software" and I like to use "bug" for "someone reported a bug", keeping "defect" for a subtask telling me "it failed a test or is not behaving the way the developers said it was going to"
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.