I expect in advance there's no solution for this and it's due to modern, nonsensical, sloppy "MVP" (Minimum Viable Product) software development culture.
When I create a new page in confluence and add a set of images, I have seen that in the cloud version the only option to resize images are by dragging the side-handles and "snapping" them to a column grid.
The issue I am having is that I will snap a set of images to a certain width, publish the page, and then re-edit the page — all of the images are "magically" re-sized and saving the page results in all of the images having been resized even though I didn't touch any of them.
For example, if I had a page with 2 images that were re-sized to 5 columns wide, publish the page, and then hit the "edit" button — none of the images will still be “5 columns” wide anymore, and if I want to add a 3rd image which should be the same width I have to re-drag EVERY image's side handles to make them all 5 columns wide again.
How am I supposed to create a space with any kind of consistency if I am not allowed to size images as I see fit, or at least have the size that i chose STAY IN PLACE after going back to edit the page later?