I have worked as a QE for many years on a number of scrum teams using JIRA. Every time I have been on one of these scrum teams, they have no ability, just on a basic level, in JIRA to track or measure QE work. As a result, I am in grooming meetings where Devs are planning work and QE gets excluded. I feel like the main reason for this is that JIRA provides no easy way to deliniate QE/QA work from dev work.
So, I am wondering why this the case is OR what solutions you may have used to get around this? Perhaps there is a way to solve this currently, but the JIRA administrator just doesn't understand Dev team needs?
Or, is the problem my way of thinking: wanting to wrap testing work together with Dev work on a single Story. Isn't it natural to think this way? My company wants testing to be part of each story, which is why I find myself needing this approach.