I have created two custom fields which are required for some projects.
- Created new project
- Created custom screen layout
- Created custom field configuration scheme (and assigned it appropriately to the project)
- Made two custom fields required
Success - Able to create Epic and prompted for custom field values as expected.
Success - Able to create Story and prompted for custom field value as expected.
Error - Unable to create Sub-task, two fields require value as expected, but also getting this error which is preventing me from creating subtask.
-----------
Epic Link
A subtask cannot be assigned to an epic.
Choose an epic to assign this issue to.
-----------
I have not changed any Epic Link related requirements.
How can I make the two custom fields required and be able to create subtasks?
Current Workaround: I've implemented the logic to requiring custom fields on transition of creating an issue or when completing it, but this requires making the transition requirements for every transition, otherwise I risk fields not being populated all the time. Hoping to find an easier solution.