How is a Jira Service Desk ticket reminder created? Thanks.
Hey @Dave B. - can you elaborate on what you mean by reminder? When you say reminder, I think of an email notification that an action needs to be taken - but want to be sure I'm clear with my response.
Hi Meg,
Correct, a scheduled notification email to the assignee that an action needs to be taken.
Hi @Meg Holbrook I'm not sure if you received my reply but I'm replying again in case it fell through the cracks. Thanks.
Morning Dave,
Depending on what you're trying to remind someone of, you can set up an SLA that will expire and then send an email or make a ticket comment.
If this doesn't meet your needs, there are a number of different automation addons such as Scriptrunner or Automation for JIRA that can accomplish deeper automation.
Hi @Dave B.
I've come across a similar issue and I solved it, but it's not a straight forward approach.
The problem: Remind a support agent that a given JSD issue is in a given status for X amount of days.
In my case, when a support agent has a support issue is status PENDING for more than 3 days, I create a slack notification and Jira message that mentions the assignee. That is the reminder.
To do this, I had to create a custom Jira field that I called 'Status Time' and the values it can take are dates.
Next, I created a rule that stamps this field, each time an issue is transitioning to a given status:
Obviously, you must have this field visible in your issue's screens. (I won't get into how to this in this post).
Lastly, you need to create a rule that runs based on a cron setting and that is looking at this Status Time field and counts against it:
Then:
AND
I hope it helps.
I think you can use "Issue Reminders" add-on. You can set a reminder for any issue, not only service desk tickets.
PS: I'm the add-on vendor.
Do you offer this add-on for Cloud hosting, which is what we are using?
I found a Jira Cloud hosting app solution in Atlassian Marketplace called 'My Reminders for Jira'
For cloud you can use My Reminders add-on of Atlassian Labs.
Hi Dave,
you can check the Add-on developed by our team, which is available for cloud.
You can set the receiver of the reminder, which can be user (or several users) or jira-groups.
I hope you will find it useful!
Tatiana
Why should I pay on ad-ons for a simple basic feature like set reminder notifications on a date or due date?
In my scenario, I have created an employee exit request which is due in week and need to be notified on that day.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.