Hello,
I'm currently setting up a confluence page for our team. We have different pages for different topics and I inserted a overview of the active jira tasks for that topic. I'm currently thinking of using components to filter the issues. I tried to create a link with
https://domain.atlassian.net/secure/CreateIssue.jspa?pid=10014&issuetype=10015&components=10011
but this does not fill in the components, althought the ID is correct.
Where is the issure here?
Thanks for help
Hello Timo,
You can do that by using HTML links as described in the following article:
If need be, you can add a button as an instance of the UI Button plugin and then configure the plugin to open the URL configured by using the provided guidelines for creating HTML links. When clicking this button, your users will be present with a typical Create Issue form in Jira where all fields will be configured as filled in URL parameters.
Markup code can look as follows:
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="b33e0b6c-9745-4fdc-84ac-f4ba43349df4" ac:name="ui-button" ac:schema-version="1"><ac:parameter ac:name="color">blue</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="newWindow">true</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="size">small</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="icon">add</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="tooltip">Click here to create an issue in Jira</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="title">Leave some feedback</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="url">https://example.net/jira/secure/CreateIssueDetails!init.jspa?pid=1234&issuetype=55508&priority=4&summary=User Question;labels=Feedback</ac:parameter></ac:structured-macro>
Hello Stan,
thanks for the suggestion. I've already found that, but assigning my component does not work. I updated the question above to match my link.
I got the component id from the api endpoint.
Edit: It works with CreateIssueDetails, but then I get the author bug which I cannot solve with user macros, because we are cloud hosted.
Timo, could you please add more on what's the author bug you've mentioned? How it looks like? We are using the approach on the server version and the above code works for me. Let's wait for the guys who have dealt with the cloud version.
Hi Stan,
I found that it seems to be an issue with my specific project. On other projects I can create an Incident without the need of adding an author (the field does not appear at all - like I want it to be because all users are logged on). On the specific project it asks me to insert an author, but as I am already logged in it should automatically insert me as the reporter.
Solution is to change the url to ……CreateIssueDetails!init.jspa?……
That's perfect! It works like a charm. Thanks.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.