I'm new to Atlassian Community and a bit confused at how to explain my question. Please bear with me as I try.
In Jira Software, let's say that a developer completes his task and moves the issue to QA where it's automatically assigned to someone. Eventually, there will be more than 1 tasks assigned to 1 person. Now if anyone wants to know which tasks are being actually worked on at the moment (like the client, for instance), how can he see this?
What I've tried:
- Intermediate status. For each status, create a "Ready for..." status. But I have a feeling that this approach will create a mess.
- Use a custom field. Using a custom field, see if an issue is being worked on or not. But I think expecting everyone to keep this field updated would be naive.
- Have multiple categories (todo, in progress) for for a status. Is this even doable in Jira?
Does a related functionality already exist in Jira that I don't know about? Any suggestions on how to achieve this?