I know there are other questions and answers regarding this, but all of them seem to be quite old.
I am our Jira admin. I do realize that it's possible for someone to be a site admin and not have access to any projects, but in our case (and I suspect in many others), as the site admin, I'm also the one building projects and boards for various teams.
Has there been any movement on the ability for an admin to share a filter with a group they're not a member of? It's ridiculous that I'd need to be a member of every group we have (several hundred) just to be able to create a filter and share it with a specific group.
ETA that there is an open ticket at Atlassian that's 4 years old and only has one vote. This is a hugely inconvenient restriction, and I hope that more people are interested in having it changed.