We imported ~1200 records into a custom field > Multi Select. We have an integration with JIRA where we map client records from our Help Desk to our JIRA system The format of these records are the following in the before side.
Recently there was a decision to update the client IDs to 7 digits. JIRA now needs updated to match so the integration works correctly.
I have been successful in doing the import. Although it currently creates duplicates because of the ID. Currently, it would be ~2400 custom fields which makes navigating the list terrible with duplicates. We also need to maintain the history of the field so I cannot deletethe list and then import the new IDs.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-questions/custom-field-deactivate-disable-value/qaq-p/192409
I saw the answer in the above link and would it be able to be done through an import? From what I have seen and read, I do not believe so but wanted to ask.