I'm using Automation For Jira to transfer stories when sub-tasks transfer. So when a new story is in 'to dev' and a sub-task is created and dragged to 'in dev', the story goes with it to 'in dev'. This is to make sure everyone outside of development knows that the story is in development. They are not able to see sub-tasks.
I set a limit on the 'in dev' column but the column also shows and the WIP limit counts the stories. I actually only want it to count the sub-tasks.
Next to that, I'd rather don't show the stories in this column at all. Right now priorities changed so there is not actively being worked on some sub-task from a certain story, but this story remains in 'in dev'. I don't want the development team to be able to move this story back to 'to dev' since we work with kanban. The actual story has been worked on, so the story should be 'in dev', but no sub-tasks are being worked on so I don't want to show it in the column.
Question 1: is it possible to only count sub-tasks for the colum WIP limit?
Question 2: is it possible to only show sub-tasks in a column?