Fellows,
I am managing multiple projects in Jira, But I have never been able to generate Burndown chart from Jira successfully.
My projects set-up > Classic Scrum
Backlog structure > Versions > EPics > Story Cards / Tasks > Subtasks
Hours assignment > Sub Tasks has hours, and Story Cards has Points (Where 1 point = 9 hours). Hours are assigned under the field "Original Hours."
Sprint Duration > 3 Months ( We have a proprietary methodology, where Sprint is called an iteration. We are in 2nd iteration.
How is burndown chart generated > burn down chart is generated using "remaining hours at x-axis", "project duration at Y-axis".
But burndown is getting generated only for cards in-progress. Cards in "Todo" state are not picked up for remaining hours.
Needed > I want to generate burndown chart using Original hours at X-axis and Duration on Y-axis. But this is not generating anything, Redline that represents remaining hours is at zero and Green Line is not appearing at all.
Please help me with this problem. I have been struggling to resolve this problem for the last three months, and I am not able to generate burndown reports. Which makes our management think Jira is a useless tool and they are wasting money on it.
Best
Amit C