Hi,
Im unable to see the Archive Option for Hiding the Issues in JIRA Cloud.
Thanks in Advance.
\
Hi @Bollareddy ,
I don't think , as of now archive option available on jira cloud.
You check the alternatives. Please refer below links.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Archiving-Jira-Cloud-projects/qaq-p/928257
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-do-I-archive-a-project-in-Jira-Cloud/qaq-p/971984
Archive is only for data center, not cloud or server
If you're using a Next-gen project, this is how I solved it:
You can click on the ellipses of the "Done" column and it will give the option to "Clear X Done Issues". By clearing them, it removes them visually from the board without deleting them. You can still find them by searching for "Done" issues in the Backlog.
In addition, if you're using a Roadmap with your project, you can filter your Roadmap so it hides the "Done issues".
I just thought about this problem and saw no solution for it in the communities
Looking at the size of the Atlassian company and Jira, it makes me wonder where their focus is at if not resolving such basic problems, which is "archive an issue", because backlogs can be a nightmare to manage if you want to have every problem of your project properly addressed in an issue
What could be done would be: create a "Delimiter Issue", which separates the bottom of your backlog (archived issues) and the top (non-archived ones), image detailing my idea below:
My solution is an ugly workaround, but I believe it would address properly my problems (and would depend on every manager follow this "behaviour"
Does it work? Yes. Is it ugly and heavily dependent on the people that use Jira? Also, yes. Am I unsatisfied with the solutions provided by Jira versus the price we pay for this tool? Definitely yes.
Thank you for this!
Its crazy this isn't an option by this time.
The workaround I came up with is just to make another project which is just for archived issues. Then it is pretty easy to move Done issues, either individually or in bulk, to that project.
This way they go away from your issue views but are still kept for reference purposes. However, the issues lose some of the relationships like fix versions and epics.
Such issues can be labelled with a label like "To be deleted" and then filtered out from the board.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.