Hi, I am new to Jira software and was assigned a task to introduce Jira software to our software developing team. I am familiar with the Agile project management methodologies and used Jira quite a number of years ago as a software developer.
After going through some tutorials and reading documentation I initially thought to use Next-get project templates and for any new project (depending on type of the project) to either choose Next-gen Kanban or Scrum. For example, for bug fixing tasks using Kanban and for the new feature type projects to use Scrum.
When I try to create a new project I am given a choice whether to select Classic or Next-gen project. If I select Classic I am given Kanban project by default, but if I click 'Change template' the list of different templates appears on the screen. One of those is Bug tracking.
I don't know how many users use Next-gen type projects? Is it a popular new feature or is it best to stay and keep old fashioned Classic projects?
Is it worth using Classic Bug tracking project for bug fixing tasks or should I create Next-gen Kanban project for those purposes?
Thank you