I work in a professional services organization and thus, we use Jira for some of our client billable projects as well as internal projects. Naturally, we want to secure our clients projects from each other such that, one client cannot access the content of another client. In working with Atlassian Support, I was advised to remove the Browse Projects permission from all-logged-in-users in the permissions scheme and to assign that as a project role. That works, however I then discovered that users with the Member role on a project are not able to tag each other (like, the @name feature in comments). We are disappointed about this. Atlassian Support says that the Browse Users and Groups is also a global permission.
Is Jira simply not the right product for our use case? Is there no way to offer a non-crippled Jira to our project teams that want to invite in client users to the Jira project without exposing other clients projects?