a follow up question to:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Next-Gen-setting-default-value-for-priority-field/qaq-p/1132226
My CSV imported cases all have a priority of None, which I find very useful. clearly stating that it has not been set. I can see from a glance at the board which cases need to be triaged.
but new cases opened directly in Jira default to Medium.
I would argue the default state is near useless without a None state as there is no way to tell if a user has actually thought about that value.
Hello Jason,
Welcome to Atlassian Community.
You could create a global priority "None" and add it as the default option for your next-gen project, so you would be able to identify which issues were not set with a priority. These would be the steps:
- Navigate to JIRA Settings > Issues > Priorities
- Create a priority called "None", adding it in the lower level
- Navigate to your Next-gen Project > Project Settings > Issue types
- Select "none" as the default value for the priority field
Let me know if this information helps.
Very nice, I had not found my way into the Issue settings, but that make sense now. Thank you!
You are welcome, Jason!
Have a nice weekend.
@Petter Gonçalves I'm a jira admin and we use Next Gen
However I'm not able to see how/ where I can edit the priority values like in the screenshot above that you provided, I can only see high medium low, I want to add a blocker value, what am I missing here?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.