Hi, All.
When working with API, I do have a simple flow like this:
- Retrieving definitions of all fields in Jira.
- Leave only those, where such is true: it's a text field, it's searchable and not custom.
- Then for all that fields I'm using jql to do some search with "Contains". And request line looks like this- executing request like this:
"/rest/api/2/search?jql=(description ~ \"Desc1*\") OR (statusCategory ~ \"Desc1*\")"
In response I get such error: The operator '~' is not supported by the 'statusCategory' field
I didn't notice any difference in metadata between description and statusCategory fields. Both are searchable and should support "~" from my point of view.
So the questions are:
- Is it fine that statusCategory field does not work with "~"? Or it's an issue in Jira?
- Is it somehow possible to say via API, if this field supports cooperation with specific operator?
Thanks.