I am trying to set up a macro that can automatically create child pages as a part of the template. Is there a way to do that?
The goal is to have a page tree would look like this:
- Community Events
- 2019
- Event 1
- Topic Proposals
- Schedule
- Planning Meetings
- Etc...
I would like to have a macro that creates the event and the subpages. The event and subpages would have some template information on it as well, like a table for example.
Right now it is my intent to put a "Children Display" macro on the "Community Events" page and use a "Simple Excerpt Display". Then put a small excerpt on the "Event" page with the date range and location.
However, if there is a way to automatically create a table on the Community Events page and sort by the event date (range) like this:
Event || Location || Dates || Links (To the child pages) || Notes (To be added later)
That would be ideal.
If there is any way to do this, I would appreciate some guidance.
Edit note * I've discovered that you can't have the same page name in a space?! Soooo. That's... "unfortunate". I guess I need a suggestion for that too...
Maybe "Topic Proposals for $eventname", etc.
Thanks in advance!