Hello. Why GooglePlay says, that my asus zenfone 2 ze551ml is not compatible with Confluence app?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.atlassian.android.confluence.core&hl=en&rdid=com.atlassian.android.confluence.core&pli=1
Hey Dmitry!First thing we could check is if your device is running Android 5.1 or later. According to information on your device (zenfone 2 ZE551ML), it seems to be up-gradable to Android 6.0 which is compatible with the application.
Checking more information on your device, it seems that it could be using an Intel Atom processor, which are known to have some compatibility with some Android apps. Here is some more information about this issue:
Intel Atom CPU not compatible with some apps! Intel claims its Atom chip can run 95 per cent of Android applications Why is some application not supported by device with Intel processor
For short, we can start by checking the Android version and then check if your device model is using an Intel Atom processor. Let us know if this helps you out, Dmitry!
Thank you for answer!
1) Yes, my device is running Android 5.1, and I like it.
Actually I do not want to update FW and get a risk of breaking the phone during FW upload.
I checked the ratio of Android versions all over the world on this page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_version_history
and found that Android 5.1 is nearly the most popular version.
All of the versions from 5.0 to 9.0 rate between 10...17% of the currently used devices.
2) About processor.
It is Atom, and I like it. I have never heard that it can be a reason of any incompatibility. Nice article by the link, but I did not experience this.
Has THIS issue ever occurred with Atlassian applications?
3) No, it does not help. I am not going to change my phone, but still need the app.
Hey Dmitry!
Having Android 5.1 should suffice. As listed in the Play Store, this is the minimum version needed to run the Confluence Cloud Application:
Are you able to check if your device is indeed in Android 5.1 and not 5.0?
Also, there is indeed the chance that this is happening due to processor incompatibility.
There is the option to directly contact the developers via the email presented on the application page:
confluence-mobile@atlassian.com
We can also try to run the application in another device that uses an ARM processor instead of Intel and also runs Android 5.1. This can help to rule out Android version as the root cause of the issue.
Let us hear from you Dmitry!
Hi Diego,
Thank you for the answer!
I checked again, I have Android 5.0.
The next and the maximum possible Android version for these devices, provided by Asus, is Android 6.0 which I do not want to install because of some disadvantages of the Marshmallow.
Looks like the OS version is the limitation.
Ok, I will use browser to access my Atlassian workspace. Not a big deal.
Thank you for your help!
Hey there @Dmitry Gorelov
I'm a product manager with the Confluence Cloud Mobile team and would love to hear more about your use cases and your feedback overall with our product.
If you're interested in a 30 min feedback session, could you please email szhang5@atlassian.com with your availability? Thanks and looking forward to hearing back!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.