How does one org admin remove another? I'm an org and site admin, but still unable to remove a user who is also an org and site admin.
Hi Anthony,
Welcome to Atlassian Community!A site and org admin can't remove another one directly, so firstly you need to remove this user from the organization by going to admin.atlassian.com > Click on the organization > Settings > Administrators > Remove the admin. After that, to remove their privileges or delete their account you need to remove the group site-admins of their profile and then you will be able to revoke their access or delete their account.
Regards,Angélica
It stands:
"You dont have permission to revoke site access for this user" I have site admin rights but seems thats does not help.
Another message is: "We had trouble trying to remove user from the group"
Hi Karamba,I saw that you created a new question for the same issue, so I'll post the answer there.Regards,Angélica
for anyone else viewing this...
I think the interface changed since this was answered, but if you go to admin > users and then click on their name. scroll down to groups and remove them from the site-admin group (or any other groups that seem to be admin)
THEN after they are removed from the group you can revoke their access or whatever.
Thanks @Todd Empcke . This worked
Hi,
I cannot remove the organisation administrator from the site-admins group, that option is greyed out for me
Can you please help?
Hello please help.
This user is a organization administrator, and their privileges cannot be modified.
I want to remove unwanted users?
Thanks
where did you answer it?
The navigation specified above no longer works. Navigation has been changed.
ORG & SITE ADMIN is manager@dg.com.SITE ADMIN is manager@tpj.com
LOGIN/manager@dg.com
Error: We had trouble trying to remove user.
LOGIN/manager@tpj.com
Repeat step #1, the menu option to Remove user from group is greyed out.
HELP!
Same here...
Yes. Exactly. This seems broken, and I can't figure out if I'm dumb or if Atlassian is broken in a new way. Please assist
has this been resolved?I'm in the same situation - there is a user with the permission 'Org & Site admin' who is no longer with the business. I'm and Site admin and need full administrative access to the old and site. @altassian Please can you provide a solution. The FAQ doesn't provide an answer. Thanks, Tatum Bisley.
Your problem is not the same as in this thread, and no one will give you admin rights to an org, except your org admin.
Thanks Alex. The Thread is right "How to remove an 'Org & Site Admin'.
I'm - outside of the software - the owner of this Jira instance.
I have an old employee that is not longer with the business whose is the 'in-app' "Org & Side Admin'. I need to remove the privilege/delete that user. That employee is not longer available and the email address is no longer available.
That is the issue I'm looking to resolve.
Hello @Tatum Bisley,
Thank you for reaching out to Community!
I can see that you are a site administrator of a Standard site. With this said, you have permission to create a ticket with our support on support.atlassian.com/contact.
Please, reach out to them so they will be able to access the organization and give you all the necessary permissions.
Problem still exists - I revoked access of a person I'd like to remove from our Jira - but it's still grayed out in site-admin group.Access from all other places was successful - looking for a solution/workaround here...
Hello @Badar Suhail,
Welcome to Community!
Checking the details of your site, I can see that you are the org administrator (using the same email that you are using here in community).
I saw that you created a ticket with our customer advocates and there you mentioned that you needed to remove your Gmail and add the other email (custom domain) as the org admin, but your Gmail account is not listed as an admin.
With this said, you need to go to admin.atlassian.com > Select the desired organization > Settings > Administrators.
On this page, you can add or remove other org admins.
Your Gmail account is currently listed as the main billing and technical contact and to change that, you need to access my.atlassian.com with your Gmail and add your other account and then, you will be able to remove your Gmail.
Kind regards,Angélica
Hello @Angélica Luz
I've removed someone from org and site admin but that person still appears has an admin when a user account's deactivated.
Is there something else to do ?
Hello @Perrine HUVETEAU,
Thank you for reaching out to Community and for sharing the screenshots.
I can see that you deactivated the Atlassian account and not removed the account from the site.
You need to remove them from the site as well. So go to the Administrators’ page and click on Remove and you can also check on User management > Users if the account is already deactivated.
I check the details of the organization here and Saurabh is not showing as an administrator.
Note that, since the Atlassian account was deactivated, even if the account is listed there, they won’t be able to access your site anymore.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.