Hello, i am unable to edit pages with the Firefox Browser (68.0.1). The site opens but all control buttons are grey. I am Site Admin and i have full permisstions on editing.
Hello Tom,
Thank you for contacting us about this. I'm attempting to test the same but I am not able to replicate this.
Can you send us a screenshot of the behavior? Does this occur in the new editor or the old one (the new editor will have your publish button at the top)?
I would make sure that all add-ons on Firefox are disabled and you've tried it in Private Browsing Mode as well.
Regards,
Shannon
Hello Shannon,
i have tried it with a new installed Firefox Browser. My colleague has the same Problem. As you can see from the Screenshot, i cannot edit any text. I have checkt the Permissions, they are okay. Do you have any other ideas?
Hi Tom,
Thank you for sharing that. I've looked into this a bit more, and I see that its likely your company's network settings that are causing this issue. This was the exact reason for this behavior in the 3-4 cases I saw about this in Cloud Support.
Please share the following page with your network administrator, and ensure that they are not blocking access to any of the following IP ranges or domains:
I hope that helps, but do let me know if you have any questions.
Hi,
I'm experiencing a similar problem. I have full privileges and used to be able to edit pages but today when I tried creating a new page I also get no editing cursor in the text fields and all buttons greyed out. We do have a proxy and I checked with our IT department but to no avail. The strange thing is that my colleague also uses firefox browser editing confluence pages without problems. Any more ideas? I use Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and Firefox 71.0 (64-bit). Also Chromium Version 79.0.3945.79 shows the same problem.
Thanks for any suggestion.
Jakob
I was able to fix this issue in several computers by going to Firefox / Preferences, search for "proxy", click on "settings" and choose "Autodetect proxy settings" instead of "Use system settings". My system settings were properly set though. May it be a firefox bug?
Fixed on Firefox 73, apparently: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1601671
Having the exact problem confirm this does the fix.
It seems that there is a issue when firefox trying connect websocket with HTTP proxy, blocked a websocket request needed for the editing.
wss://wikidocs.services.atlassian.com/activationid-services/xxxxxxxxxx/synchrony/v1/bayeux-sync1
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.