I can not get the widget macro to work for Flickr or Twitter. All I get is the little gear icon with the URL, but I don't get any feed information. I'm on Confluence Cloud and have tried on a few different browsers.
Any ideas
Hello Kari,
Thank you for contacting us about this.
I've seen the issue with Twitter in the past when they had deprecated the Twitter 4.0 API, and I imagine this is something similar. I was able to find a bug ticket for Twitter in Confluence Cloud, and the bug for Flickr in Confluence Server. I've created a Cloud version of the same bug below. Please click This affects my team and you will automatically receive updates in the future.
As a workaround, users are using an HTML macro to directly embed the code from Twitter and Flickr. As you're on Confluence Cloud, you can try the same with 3rd party add-on HTML Macro for Confluence Cloud, since the HTML Macro of Confluence Server isn't available for Cloud.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Regards,
Shannon
I don't think this is a great answer -- the solution is that I have to pay even more for a 3rd party add-on to use a feature that should come as part of my Atlassian subscription?
Yes, unfortunately, you will need to use the 3rd party add-on as a workaround. This issue is due to Twitter changing something on their end which caused the feature to stop working. This is likely the same with Flickr as I know they've been going through a lot of changes recently.
I would encourage you to subscribe to the tickets I sent, so you can be alerted as soon as the issue is fixed.
Thank you for your understanding.
Not able to click "this affects my team" - don't see it anywhere. That said ... this bug ... in fact does in fact affect my team.
Hello,
You can use this app to integrate Twitter
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1216687/twitter-connector-for-confluence
The widget won't work.
Cheers
Przemyslaw
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.