Hello Fellow JIRA users!
I am looking for some kind of whizz to help me understand how to assign automation's to my workflow based on fix versions and releases. (TLDR at the bottom)
Current workflow:
My workflow has 4 levels in the hierarchy;
Initiative
Epic
User story
Sub Task
I have automation set up to transition the status through the hierarchy, such as when User story moves to status "In development" , Epic transitions to "In progress"
I also have automated sub tasks being kicked off to ensure that design is taking place at Epic level, and standard tasks are set for dev teams such as "Handover to QA" or "Code review"
Future state
What I would like to happen is to have a calendar of fix versions for each environment; Test, QA and PROD in my release module.
When a fix version is assigned to a user story, and the fix version is released, the user story should move to the next state.
For example
Fix Version =TEST_ME_2019_1.1
When fix version is released, linked User Stories would move to "In Test" status.
another example
Fix Version = PROD_ME_2019_1.1
When fix version is released, linked user stories would move to "released"
Appreciate any feedback I can get on this!
Thanks in advanced!
TLDR; Automation based on fix version, when "TEST" fix version is released, linked User Stories should move to "In Test". Different release version labels represent different environments.