Is there a way, to set an external user to access a specific project and only this?
@Spyros Iordanopoulos
Yes, you can give access to external users to view specific project, create & add them in separate group (not company group, which can only be dedicated to external users) & add that group to browse permission of project permission & other permissions as per your requirement.
Note: use separate permission scheme for this project or else they can view all projects
or instead of group you can use project roles & add them to permission scheme
create project role > Jira settings > system > under security click Project Roles
add them to project (Project settings > people > add people > select user & role) with the respective role created as shown above
Thank you for your immediate response. I will try it and if i have problem, i will let you know.
@shetty
I tried the second step, but doesn't work. Obviously i did something wrong. Thank you in advance.
@shetty I did that, but when I choose Projects I get an error message.
Maybe I have to put a group to that user...
I hope to help you understand the whole probem!!!!!!
For sure, I did something wrong, but it's really hard to find out :-)
check those permission scheme of two project that you are viewing as a test user & check project role if that users got added to that project
Now i tried something else. I create a new group and assigned the test user in that group.
I put that group, only in specific permission scheme (without any project role), but still i have access to both projects...
It's really complicated....
how are you testing it, are you logging as user or your own account
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.