I am testing the REST JIRA API and I wonder where I could get the iss to use it in my claims as it seems as the only thing that puts a barrier to login a user. https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/understanding-jwt/
It mentions a clientKey
I'll be using this package: https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/atlassian-jwt-js/src/master/
I have looked up clientKey and it talks about the OAuth, is this the case?
Hi @PaoloDiBello,
are you developing a connect app for Jira? The article you linked is talking about that.
If you're simply developing a script, you can also authenticate via Basic Auth with an API token - checkout this article about it.
Otherwise, here's the general guide about authenticating to the Jira REST API.
Cheers,Matthias.
PS: There's also a developer community which is better in answering technical questions.
No, I need to send requests with the REST API
Hey @PaoloDiBello
Did you find a way? I am trying the same thing to POST info via rest API. But running into the same issue as you.
@Sahil KumarIn the end I didn't use the atlassian-jwt-package and wasn't able to find a solution for my login issue, I just used a token, I ended up quitting my previous job before finding a solution.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.