I have a doubt on differentiating.,
What do you mean by "Child issue" to a story Vs "Sub tasks" issue type i am creating. Circled by red colour. For your reference..Can you please guide me on this.
This is mostly about Jira-speak, which can be confusing.
So, in your question, it looks to me like your "child story" is a type of sub-task. You may have others, even ones called "sub task"!
Then it's in Story>Sub tasks>child issue..Whether the order in my understanding is correct..Nic?
No. The hierarchy for plain Jira is <parent><child>. For Software, you can do <Epic><parent><child>, and Portfolio can add other layers around Epics
When I say <parent> there, those are usually "Stories" (but you could name them anything you want).
When I say <child>, the default names are "sub task" and "technical task", but again, you can name them whatever you want.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.