Right now sub tasks are taken into account while numbering the backlog items. How to avoid this?
As there is no "numbering of the backlog items" in Jira, I am a bit lost as to what your question is here. Could you explain what you are seeing and why you don't want it in more detail?
Thanks for your quick response. By numbering, I mean the issue ID. I want the issue ID to be generated for each of the issues added to backlog. I dont want the ID to be generated for the sub-tasks created under a given issue. Is this possible?
No. Every issue needs a unique ID otherwise you can't identify it. Jira has a simple "use next free number in the project" scheme to generate these numbers.
Many thanks Nic. I understand the rationale however is there any setting/plugin that will help in addressing our Organisation's requirement?
I do not know what your organisation's requirement is. Your original question was about dropping unique identifiers for issues (which I had to oppose because without unique IDs, I can't see a way to point at a unique item).
Could you explain what the organisation's "requirement" is?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.