Upon receiving a case from the Service Desk, I would like to have the case not assigned to anyone but instead sitting in a queue for an agent to pickup. This type of allocation will be self-service by the agent. I can only find details related to how to have automatic assignees upon submission of a case but I am looking for the opposite.
I have already tried going to: ProjectName -> Project Settings -> Details...and setting the Default Assignee to "Unassigned" but this appears to not have any impact. When I change the Project Lead's name in this section, this definitively changes who the case is the assignee. I am not sure if there is a way to remove the Project Lead from the Details section or if I need to create a "group" user like "support" and have the cases automatically assigned to that user so individuals can then go in a take from the queue. Help please!