I searched the forums and found several posts asking to do what I want. This one:
Is it possible to show the same issue in multiple swimlanes?
Seems to indicate that this is not possible. I understand why - swim lanes will display an issue the first swim lane that gets a hit, and not in any others.
So maybe there is a way to accomplish what I would like to do but I just don't understand JIRA well enough.
Problem: When we enter an issue (like a task) it might "belong" to multiple components.
I have set up 4 components
Producer App
Trucker App
Web App
Technical
The components are how we are going to divvy up the work.
Our goal is to enter 1 item (like a task) and then require the person entering the item to pick one or more components. So an issue might only apply to the Producer App, or it might apply only to the Trucker App, or it may belong to both.
Previously we bad 4 boards that corresponded to the 4 components, but we weren't even using the component field.
So we had to produce separate items if one piece of functionality applied to multiple areas.
If we need to make change in Trucker App and Producer App we would enter 2 items, one in each board.
Want I want to do is enter one issue and have the ability to enter multiple components, and then the item would show up multiple times in my swim lanes, which would be named after my components, so enter an item and select 2 values for component, and it will appear in both swim lanes.
Seems we cannot do this.
This leads me to believe I am fighting the tool, and there should be a different way to do this.
What we want to accomplish is to enter 1 item, associate it with multiple "buckets". This way we can have everything in one place and we can have a filter or view or something like that where the Producer App Team can see all their work.
I know there has to be a better - how can I accomplish this?
Thanks