I want to trigger an action when label 'mylabel' has been added or removed.
It should not trigger when a label containing 'mylabel' has been added or removed, for instance 'mylabel1' or '111mylabel-2'.
How can it be done?
Hello Simon,
JIRA Post functions only triggers upon issue transitions. That been said, you will need a plugin to trigger any action when an issue is edited - More specifically when a new label is created.
You can use Automation for JIRA App to configure a rule that will trigger upon a new label creation, adding the condition that this label must not contain "mylabel":
Let me know if this information helps.
@Petter Gonçalves I know this is a year old, but I have a similar requirement.
From what I can tell, your solution doesn't tell us that the ticket previously had a label of "mylabel" and now it doesn't; all it tells us is that at the time the rule is triggered, there is no label of "mylabel" - the ticket may never have had that label. Is that correct?
My requirement is to trigger a rule when a specific label is removed from a ticket, as we have Plans (advanced roadmaps) set up pulling from a label and if someone accidentally (or not) removes the label then the issue disappears from the plan. I've looked at smart values, and see that there is a fieldChange.fromString and fieldChange.toString, but I'm not sure I can use those in this kind of rule. Can you help me out?
I had the same requirement and did the following tedious way. This might be helpful if you still need to fulfil your requirements.
Thanks
Masud
Thanks for sharing this. How to use .fromString and .toString on arrays like labels.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.