We have a custom field in our Jira project.
Since the "new Jira issue view" was introduced a few weeks ago, we noticed that when entering the issue page, the custom field is seen for a second or two and then disappears.
Any idea how to fix this?
Hi Itay,
Just for us to better understand and help you with this issue, I will make some questions.Is this a classic or a next-gen project?What is the type of the project (Software, Business, Service Desk)?What is the type of the custom field?Are you the only user facing this issue?Would it be possible testing using incognito mode or other browsers?
If you are using next-gen, please go to Project settings > Issue types > Select the desired issue type and check if the field appears on the screen.
If it's a classic one, please go to Project settings > Issue layout > Edit layout and check if the field shows correctly.
With this information, we will be able to further investigate what may be causing the issue.
Regards,Angélica
Hi Angelica.
Is this a classic or a next-gen project? - ClassicWhat is the type of the project (Software, Business, Service Desk)? - Regular Software project.What is the type of the custom field? Person selectorAre you the only user facing this issue? No. Seems like other uses don't even see the field at all. Not even for a second.Would it be possible testing using incognito mode or other browsers? I will try later.
If it's a classic one, please go to Project settings > Issue layout > Edit layout and check if the field shows correctly. - Yes, it is.I don't know if something was changed in the Jira cloud, but it seems to be ok now, and the field can be seen...So it seems like the issue is resolved
I am having this SAME issue...Please advise
Hi Lacey,Can you please let me know the same information I asked on my previous answer?
Is this a classic or a next-gen project?What is the type of the project (Software, Business, Service Desk)?What is the type of the custom field?Are you the only user facing this issue?Would it be possible testing using incognito mode or other browsers?
Hi @Angélica Luz
I'm still having this issue. I have a classic (company managed) jira software project with a simplified workflow, so there is only one screen. I've created the custom field (single choice select list), and successfully added it to my config. I can see and use it.
The problem happened when I added a context. I can still see the field for the original project without issue. But on the project that has the new context I'm getting the disappearing behaviour.
Thanks
Cringe. My bad. I had some funky permissions on my project that were a hangover from some previous and unrelated testing.
Sorry. WILL DO BETTER NEXT TIME. But this is a good reminder to check things like
1. permissions
2. how many projects are sharing the screen config
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.