I have searched the community and can't find anyone hitting my exact problem, so posting a question here.
I'm on Windows 7. I have installed all the dependencies (Visual Studio, node, npm, sqlite3, python 2.7,...). When I create a clean test app using:
atlas-connect new test
The test app installs and starts without any errors. It even registers will my Confluence dev site successfully.
However, when I follow the Getting Started tutorial at this link:
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/confluence/getting-started/
The app fails to start, with the following exception:
C:\Users\gershon\confluence-helloworld-addon>npm start
> helloworld-addon@0.0.1 start C:\Users\gershon\confluence-helloworld-addon
> node app.js
internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:638
throw err;
^
Error: Cannot find module 'atlassian-connect-express'
at Function.Module._resolveFilename (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:636:15)
at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:562:25)
at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:690:17)
at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:25:18)
at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Users\gershonl\confluence-helloworld-addon\app.js:
13:10)
at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:776:30)
at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:787:10)
at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:653:32)
at tryModuleLoad (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:593:12)
at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:585:3)
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 1
npm ERR! helloworld-addon@0.0.1 start: `node app.js`
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the helloworld-addon@0.0.1 start script.
npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional log
ging output above.
npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR! C:\Users\gershonl\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache\_logs\2019-07-16T12_50_
21_679Z-debug.log
I have tried to reinstall everything and still the same. I noticed when installing the dependencies there are calls to several deprecated items, but assume that's not causing this issue... Anyone know what's wrong here?
I set everything up on my Mac (latest MAC OS X) and have the exact same issue as on Windows. So this issue is repeatable on both Windows 7 and MAC OS 10.01.5.