Hi,
I am trying to set up Ticket Creation via Mail without using Service Desk, addons or dummy users. This solution:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-allow-users-to-create-issues-anonymously-192551.html
simply is not working. The mail I put in the corresponding folder is not processed at all.
To put together what I want:
Mails from out customers that are sent to our support Mail address must be processed by the Mail Handler and Tickets and/or comments must be created. The reporter of the comment or Ticket could either be anonymous or, if neccessary, a new created user to the corresponding mail address. But we don´t want to create some dummy user for this purpose or create a user with Jira access for every customer.
I had such a system set up about 5 years ago, but that way is no longer working. I had a mechanism creating a user when there is no user for the MailAdress, this new user will be created without Jira or Confluence Rights, but with Create Issue and Browse Project permission. This combination enables the user to create comments, attachements and Issues, but not to access our Jira and therefor he cannot see any Issues.
Does anybody know, if there is a way to set this method up again in a vanilla Jira and Confluence Cloud solution?
Best Regards
Dennsi