Hello,I would like to use a custom field in a query that uses "was in"My custom field can't be used in this because it has no history.Is it possible to activate the history of a custom field?Thank you for your answers
Custom field changes are logged in the issue history, there's nothing to "activate" here.
The problem you've got is that "was in" doesn't support your custom field.
Hey Nic,
Thanks for being such an active participant in this community. I'm not sure I understand your response to this inquiry. If "was in" doesn't support the custom field, what needs to be done to get "was in" to support it?
I also have a custom field named 'CI Validation' which is a select list (single choice) type of field. It has three options and I would like to do a historical search against this field. Yet every time I do I get the following error: "History searches do not support the 'CI Validation' field."
Changes need to be made to the code that indexes the field, so that the history is indexed as welll as the current value, and then more code needs to be added into the JQL functionality for "was" so that it can use the historical values in the index.
This is a logged issue "Gathering Interest" for 9 years: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-27641AKA it won't be done soon/ever
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.