Is there a way to rank issues in a sprint by priority in next-gen Jira?
I know about the "priority" field for an issue, but this only has 5 options (highest to lowest), so isn't useful for a sprint with, say, 20 issues, where 5 of them might have the same "Medium" priority.
I also know about drag-and-drop functionality (of course), which is what we currently use for ranking issues. However, on multiple occasions I have accidentally dragged-and-dropped an issue in the wrong place when browsing the backlog, and there's no way to undo this. Also, drag-and-drop is useful when you're in the "backlog" view, but not in the "board" view where issues are spread across multiple columns and it would be helpful to know if, for example, the issue at the top of "in-progress" is ranked #5 while the issue at the top of "todo" is ranked #1.
What would be ideal is a "ranking" field by which you could assign each issue in a sprint (including issues of different types - e.g. user stories, tasks, and bugs) a unique ranking value -- such as 1-20 for a sprint w/ 20 issues -- and then sort by this ranking field.
Please let me know if anything like this exists, or if not, if there is a handy workaround. So far I haven't been able to find anything by browsing this forum & Atlassian documentation. Thanks!