I need to add a user for an app integration. One of the first steps says, create a user called "add_on_<app>_for_jira" and add it to the jira-users group.
add_on_<app>_for_jira"
There is no email address associated with this user. How do I add the user in JIRA Cloud?
From another post I tried "https://<instance>.atlassian.net/admin/users/add" but that just routes back to the current email-based invite system. (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/New-JIRA-Cloud-Instance-Add-Users-WITHOUT-Sending-Email/qaq-p/904889)
Hi @Damian Romard ,
Every user in Cloud must have a valid email address, even if you just to create a user account for automation, integrations or anything similar.
In order to do so you can:
Please let us know if this helps.
Cheers,Dario
Add the users as you normally are required to do so in the "Invite users" screen. At the bottom, however, do the following:1) Click the "Personalize email invite" expander
2) uncheck the "Send email" box.
I'm having the same issue. I came up with the idea to use a Teams Channel email address as the email and then the messages should come right into the chat for the group to work with.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.