Hi,
I need help referring to a migration from Jira Server plugins to Jira cloud server, can anyone help me please? follows the context below:
In the company where I work there is a Jira Server version 7.11 deployed and managed in its own infrastructure. We use 3 plugins that we develop internally, which have their own tables in database and perform integrations with other 3 systems of corporate management, from where they search and process sensitive data that are consolidated and stored in the proper tables of each plugin.
And we are looking at the feasibility of migrating the local Jira Server to the Jira server cloud.
The 3 existing plugins/add-on (.jar files), "Version 2 plugins" they use a PostgreSQL database and 2 of these plugins directly query other databases, MS SQLServer and Oracle.
Questions:
1) To migrate these 3 plugins to jira cloud, do they need to be fully rebuilt?
2) Can plugins continue to use the Postgresql database that they use today? Will a postgresql database be created by the cloud platform? it's automatic? how it works?
3) Where do I find information about this? Is there any step by step?
4) If possible, kindly give me any other information or links that I find interesting for this analysis.
Thanks a lot.