I'm using the new Jira Cloud software.
I have a project with 5 Kanban boards; 1 main board and 4 sub boards. The intention here is to be able to see work relating to a particular element of the project separately and, as the team grows and elements of work are designated to particular teams, enable those team to work un-distracted from the noise of the full project.
All issues will have an Epic associated with them. Each epic has a label that associated with an element of the project (which correspond with the 4 additional boards).
As each project element has several epics, I'd rather filter by the issues that are linked with epics with a specific tag, rather than filtering by the epics themselves. This will save administration moving forward as more epics are added, as when a label is added the existing filters should pick it up.
I did see this, but have had trouble implementing it in the Cloud (I'm not sure that Issuefunction or linkedissueof exist? I've had trouble in any case). https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-questions/How-to-filter-for-all-epics-with-a-certain-label-and-all-issues/qaq-p/155121
It would be great if someone could provide me with a JQL filter for Jira Cloud that will enable me to return all issues linked to epics that contain a certain label.
(To clarify, I don't want to label every issue. I want the filter to understand the issue is associated with an epic that has a specific label. The filter would return all linked issues of all epics with 'x' label).