I can't see my assignable users in the assignee dropdown. We can only assign ourselves.My assignable users are part of a Developer group which has a developer project role.I've used the Jira permission helper to check if part of the group are both assignable and can assign issues. Both are saying that the permissions are set properly. I've tried with my user too (Admin) and the permission helper shows it's something that should work.The issue is that we can only see or assign ourselves.I've done this many times in the past without any issues. Thinking this could be a bug in Jira.
Hi Pierre,
Strange... I just tried and worked for me (in Jira Cloud). Have you read this document?
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/cannot-find-users-in-assignee-or-reporter-fields-779158856.html
If it was working for you before , and the helper is telling you that you have the right permissions I'm not sure this describes the issue, but just in case...
Hey mate, Thanks for your reply.Yeah I checked this and we've the right config there. I'm pretty confused. I also made sure that it's not a browser or adblocker issue. No luck
Edit: I've noticed that his issue is only happening for stories, tasks and subtasks. the dropdown works just fine with bug issue type.
Yeah - i'm experiencing the same works fine for Bugs but not for Tasks and Stories
It's already 2021 and still this issue comes up
Just happened here and turns out the user wasn't in the group allowed to "Browse User".
It worked when I fixed that.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.