I want some Jira users to be allowed to "read" Jira tickets, but not create or edit them. I followed the guidelines here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-cloud-how-to-create-a-read-only-user-779160729.html
However, it seems the permission are still not set properly. The users still have all the permissions. Can someone help?
This is driven by the Permission Scheme for the project you want them to have RO access to. Edit the Permission Scheme, and ensure that the user/role/group that they are in only has access to the Browse Project permission, and no others.
Then you will also need to ensure the user isn't a member of any other groups or roles on the project that would give them access to any other permissions.
I have 3 permission schemes1- default permission scheme2- default software schemeThe Jira project that we are working on is assigned to this permission scheme3- read only permision schemeI want my read only accounts to use this permission scheme to access the Jira project in read only mode.
I created a project role and I named it "read only"I created groups named xxx_read_only_users.I assigned some jira acount under xxx_read_only_users.
Do I need to edit the default software scheme (2) or the read only permission scheme (3)?Please note that in the default software scheme, the "create issues" permission is granted to:- Application access: "any logged in user"- project role" atlassian addons project access"The "browse projects" permission is granted to- Application access: "any logged in user"- project role" atlassian addons project access"
A project can only use one Permission Scheme. So you don't really need the Read Only one. You can edit the default software scheme.
Make sure that the new "read only" project role is only assigned the Browse Projects permission in the scheme.
And review all the other permissions, to make sure that 'any logged in user" isn't granted other permissions.
Thank you, very helpful!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.