We're looking for a way to easily view blockers and blocked issues in our boards. I was able to set up two saved filters using enhanced search, one using "blocks" and one using "blocked by":
issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("project = DE", "blocks")
issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("project = DE", "is blocked by")
The problem I'm running into is this: I get back the correct list of issues that are blocked by others, but when I open one of them, I can see that although the link is still in place, the issue that's marked as the blocker is closed (resolved), so technically it's no longer a blocker.
I'd love to just tell our users that they need to be responsible for updating links, but with the volume of issues we track, that's not feasible.
Is there any way to update the query to only return issues whose "blocked by" tickets are unresolved?
We are on Cloud; I know that there are some differences in ScriptRunner, so please keep that in mind when providing an answer.