As you can see, it is possible to link the epic as a related issue, but not as the epic of the story - which is super strange. Anyone knows, what's wrong here?
This looks like INVT-1225 is not actually an Epic issue. Could you go to view/edit INVT-1225 and show us the epic system fields for it?
Sure, please see the picture. It looks like an epic to me.
Yes, to me too - the important one for me was the Epic Name, rather than the type (as it's possible to set up Epics that are not)
One last doubt though, could you go to the list of issue types (Admin -> Issues -> Issue Type) and check there is only one Epic type in the list? Also, if there is more that one, hover the cursor over the "edit" button next to both Epics and see what "id" is in the url.
We only have one type of Epic.
Never mind though, I found my mistake: The Epic-Status was set to `Done` and then JIRA doesn't let you link new stories to your epic.
Thank you for your help!
Thanks this post was helpful! I am having same issue where I cant add epic link to a story, even though it does exist. I checked the status of epic and it is in progress. Any suggestions? Thanks so much!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.