I created a new sub-task issue type called "Story Sub-tasks". How can I make sure that is the only subtask issue type available when the parent issue type is a Story?
Is this possibly something that could be controlled using screen and issue type schemes?
Hi @Michael Arndt
This is not possible In JIRA OTB. Unfortunately, I’m not aware of any addon that provides such a feature also.
My suggestion would be if you have scriptrunner, update the issue type after issue is created provided the parent issue is a Story.
I'm afraid, it might be straight out impossible on cloud.
Scriptrunner has behaviours module which has similar example to your case, but it only works on server because of some limitations (as far as I understand), also this plugin sounds like it has similar functionality to what you want and again, no cloud version.
That's pretty crazy that Jira doesn't support this natively. I would think subtasks would have to have a default parent issue association.
Is there anyway to make subtasks follow different workflow behaviors based on the parent issue type?
I'm trying to get subtasks of Stories to follow one type of workflow (workflow #1 in my workflow scheme) and subtasks of Tasks to follow a different workflow (workflow #2 in my workflow scheme).
You will need to actively select the sub-task and specify what workflow else there is no solution here. Just saw you are using JIRA cloud and just as @Ilya Turov this is near impossible.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.