I have been able to successfully create an issue using the REST api (rails gem) on my JIRA Service Desk instance (cloud). I have also been successful in setting the reporter, but I have noticed that although the customer has been set, the issue does not show up on the customer's request list. I readily figured out that the problem is that the request type was not being set.
The project that I am using has the issue type mapped to a specific request type. Furthermore, the Request Type field has been added to the create issue screen. In addition, I have manually set another issue to include the appropriate request type, and determined the request type field to be 'customfield_10047'.
With all this said, I have been very unsuccessful in setting the Request Type during creation. The first semi-sucessful attempt resulted in the following error:
errors:
customfield_10047: Operation value must be a string
This occurred when I was passing more complex information about the request type (so as to mirror an existing issue).
After this, the closest I managed to getting a semi-valid response is when the server was when using a pure string. In this case, the server responded with:
errors:
customfield_10047: Invalid customer request value
I've tried setting the string value to the id of the request type "97", and I've also tried setting it to the exact string value of the Request Type, namely "Purchase Request", but no matter what I enter, I get an error.
Any ideas on how this value can be set appropriately?