I'm having issues trying to build some filters that I need. They both share the fact that I need to build one filter, then substitute the results of that filter into another.
Example 1
I have to have a board where our COO can look at all the cards that he has determined to be a priority. I don't want him getting into the weeds on how we accomplish the goal, just to see the goal. This means that for the board, I exclude any non Epic that has an Epic link:
XYZ = "XYZ Priority" AND "Epic Link" is EMPTY
Where XYZ is a custom field checkbox that allows us to track this as a card that the COO cares about.
However, I need to have my own list where I can track these cards to make sure they are moving thru the process. So I can create a filter that looks like:
issuetype = Epic AND XYZ = "XYZ Priority"
Lets call this "Filter for Epic XYZ"
I want to then be able to make some statement like:
Epic Link in (Filter = "Filter for Epic XYZ").
I can't seem to make this work. Error message is
Error in the JQL Query: Expecting ',' or ')' but got '='. (line 1, character 25)
Example 2
I need a report that allows me to see cards that were marked blocked, but the blocking card is now in the "Done" status. Its easy for cards to get buried and follow up to not happen when it needs to.
I'm thinking something like this, but I know this isn't formatted properly:
linkedIssue not in Resolved
I'm just not sure how to make that work. I've tried a number of things, but haven't found the right combination.
Any help is appreciated.