I've just set up a new project and I cannot choose an assignee for a task. I've checked the permissions scheme and the permissions helper to check certain users by the assignee permission and this works, it shows that i should in fact be able to assign to the users i expect to.
What is odd is that even when i type my own name in the assignee box i don't get anything come up in the list of users.
I've tried everything i can think of including switching to using permission schemes that I know work with other projects. Is there something I could have missed here?
On a related note as an opinion I find it pretty amazing that this company can become a multi billion dollar business based on a flagship product that has so many usability flaws. I don't hate Jira, but find it difficult to understand how even with the billions of $ it can be still so broken. Hopefully a solid rebuild with all the current features is not too far away.