As of 11:56 today JIRA seems to have developed a serious bug.
There are no user IDs ANYWHERE and instead there are error messages in all role/user fields. ALL OF THEM. EVERYWHERE. I don't know if this is a display bug or if something has broken under the hood.
EVERY USER/ROLE field now displays a message like "Failed to Retrieve User 558154:5abfb8db-11e5-452a-d45f-0841122gfd22"
WHAT IS GOING ON? Is it just our cloud instance? Or are others faced with this issue?
If others are having this is, here is the email I had to send EVERYONE in our organization (feel free to cut and paste and reuse it if you need to):
========================================
Hello everyone,
Unfortunately, you might have noticed messages all over JIRA that say " "Failed to Retrieve User 558154:5abfb8db-11e5-452a-d45f-0841122gfd22" or something similar.
I have no idea what is going on, but I am contacting JIRA immediately. Please refrain from using JIRA for the time being, as JIRA comments you make might not work and JIRA workflow transitions you make may have unintended consequences or just fail to assign the next person after you.
I will send out another message when it is working correctly.