I asked a question here about how to model retesting in the system. The answer I got was that we need to alter the workflow. I've found out how to do that but I'm still confused about the link between resolution (resolved) and status (closed).
When a developer resolves an issue it closes it. That means that the issue is now closed and cannot be assigned to a tester to retest. Then we need to reopen it so we can reassign it for retesting.
I think what we need to know is why are closed / resolved linked? Why can't we just allow a developer (client company) to resolve an issue and if we (independent test team) agree it is resolved then we close it?
As a secondary issue, we need to record in JIRA that we've retested something. So we would need to record the 1st retesting, with a date and comment, then after another attempt to fix we would record the second retesting. How can we do this so we have a list of retestings?
My previous is here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/69967/jira-workflow-how-to-show-retesting-of-bugs