The quickest way is to use the bulk change tools if you have permission to use it.
Step 1. Filter your issues so that you can see all the issues that you wish to move.
Step 2. Under the tools option choose bulk change for either all issues or those only on the current page depending on which you require.
Step 3. Select each issue from the list
Step 4. Select edit issues
Step 5. Confirm the new epic to link them to. Possibly disabling the email update if appropriate and available. Useful for when there are a lot of changes to reduce email noise.
Step 6. Confirm your action making sure you check it carefully.
what filter to you use to find all of the issues in an epic? That is what I'm struggling with
@Caroline Fransi ,@Xenia Chilkowich you can use JQL to filter the linkedissues in a Ticket. "linkedIssue" in linkedIssues("Enter your epic ticket number")
Note: In place of Enter your epic ticket number type your epic id. Donot mere copy paste.
1. Click "Search" in the upper-left.
2. Click "Advanced Search For Issues" in the bottom-left.
3. Type this into the search bar, replacing ABC-123 with your Epic Id, then hit enter:
"Epic Link" = ABC-123
4. Use Bulk change described in the first answer and elsewhere.
This isn't available on Next Gen Jira cloud is it? Can't find the ability to change the parent issue / epic in the bulk edit panel
I couldn't find this either.
yes, even I don't see it in cloud jira
I don't get the option to move the epic link?
Seems next-gens don't have this. I also tried the same steps.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.