I added a new user and assigned him to a project. Only this one project is showing but the user can create new projects. I want to remove that permission. How can I do that?
Hi @Leonido Gebhard ,
You need to remove Create independent projects permission from users, for more information you can go through the Managing global permissions page.
Regards,Kishore Kumar Gangavath.
Hi @[deleted]
Thanks for your answer. I found this in another answer but was not able to locate where to change this.I went ahead and allowed "create nex-gen projects" only for administrators. That worked as well. Can you point me to the location where this can be done "Create independent projects permission from users"
havent worked with jira for a long time and never had to administrate users then.
Remove that user from the JIRA administration group or administrators group then that user will not be able to create a project. To do this go to the Global Permissions page and verify what are all groups are added to the JIRA administration group. Then verify if that user is a part of any of the groups. If that user is present then remove from that group. To perform this you need the site-admin permission.
Thank you for your reply. I already checked the groups in Settings -> User management -> GroupsThe user was not to be found in any of these groups.Since I removed it from the global permissions, it's no longer showing. Not sure though if this was a good idea.
Best regards,Leonido
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.